FEMEN. Woman Power.
WE ARE THE WOMEN’S MOVEMENT
- We unite young women based on the principles of social awareness and activism, intellectual and cultural development.
- We recognise the European values of freedom, equality and comprehensive development of a person irrespective of the gender.
- We build up a national image of femininity, maternity and beauty based on the Euro-Atlantic women’s movements experience.
- We set up brand new standards of the civil movement in Ukraine.
- We have worked out our own unique form of a civil self-expression based on courage, creativity, efficiency and shock.
- We demonstrate that the civil movements can influence the public opinion and lobby the interests of a target group.
- We plan to become the biggest and the most influential feminist movement in Europe.
The mission of the "FEMEN" movement is to create the most favourable conditions for the young women to join up into a social group with the general idea of the mutual support and social responsibility, helping to reveal the talents of each member of the movement.
- To react and influence the acute social issues of the Ukrainian society, especially those that directly touch upon the interests of the Ukrainian women.
- To counteract actively the negative tendencies endangering physical and mental health of the Ukrainian women community.
- Inform the society of the Ukrainian women’s issues and problems.
- To develop leadership, intellectual and moral qualities of the young women in Ukraine.
- To build up the image of Ukraine, the country with great opportunities for women.
- To establish cooperation with other international women’s organisations to carry out the large-scale international programmes on the territory of Ukraine.
- Subway - Movement - Life: The Joint Action with Kyiv underground authorities targeted on improving the image of the underground.
- No Water in the Tap – I Wash in Maydan: Action against hot water cut offs in Kyiv hostels.
- Ukraine is not a Brothel: The national programme aimed at fighting against the sexual tourism in Ukraine.
- A Letter to the Minister: The appeal to the governmental authorities with the demands to impose sanctions on sexual tourism in Ukraine on the legislation level.
- Bromide Deactivation Action: The Picket outside the Turkish Republic Embassy. Turkish citizen are the most active sexual tourists in our country.
- Dirty Games: The Action against the pre-term parliamentary elections in Ukraine.
- Civil Solidarity Action A Rescue Buoy: The action in support of the Ukrainian sailors held hostage by Somalia Pirates.
- No More Games, Mr Gainer: The action within the frames of the Sex Tourtism Fighting Programme held at the National Security Service Office Building and targeted on the citizen of the USA, Mr David Gainer, the organizer of the sex-tours to Ukraine. There was a letter sent to the Foreign Office and Consulate with the demands to start the investigation and deportation of the man.
- "Ukraine is not a Brothel": The National Programme targeted at fighting against the sex-tourism in Ukraine.
- "Sex is not for Sale": The Programme to fight against sex and porn industry in Ukraine.
- "MATER FEST": The first international festival of a modern women culture.
- "Kyiv Glam Sprint 2009": The Ukrainian analogue of the international movement “Race on high hills”.
- "The Green Mile": The Programme to abolish the lifetime sentence for women in Ukraine.
- Emergency programme: The Programme of immediate reacting on the acute issues that includes street actions and performances.
The following mass media reported on the FEMEN's actions:
- Der Spiegel
- Die Welt
- Gelf Magazine
- Kyiv Post
+38 (067) 656 60 65
+38 (067) 538 44 41 (for inquiries in English)
+3 80 97 96 71 753
Snail mail: Postbox 93-B, 01001, Kyiv, Ukraine
We ask you to join our resistance in a simple way for you - we asking you for donation.
Anna Vasylivna Hutsol
Kyiv branch of Unicredit Bank
Beneficiary: Anna Hutsol
Account No: 26203011152838
Bank of Beneficiary: UniCredit Bank OJSC
Bank Address: 14, Danyla Halytskoho St., Lutsk, Ukraine
Unicredit BANK Ltd
(SWIFT DEKRUA22, DEKRUA22KIE)
14, Danyla Halytskoho St.
UNICREDIT (UKRAINE) LTD
Details of payment: Private