- Femen’s breast bearing: firebrand feminism or foolish… 19/06/2013 14:53 CET
- FEMEN protest in Kyiv 08/06/2013 15:24 CET
- Ukraine police claim gun and grenade seized in… 27/08/2013 15:46 CET
- FEMEN activists decry police ‘plant’ of weapons in… 27/08/2013 22:26 CET
- British politician arrested in anti-fracking protests 19/08/2013 22:44 CET
Members of the feminist group Femen have held co-ordinated demonstrations in front of the Ukrainian embassies in several European countries following a police raid on their Kyiv headquarters during which police claim they found a pistol and a grenade.
The Ukrainian authorities are trying to close the group down. Femen says the weapons were planted.
One Femen member in Berlin said: “We are here today in solidarity with our sisters in the Ukraine and around the world in the various different Femen movements to show that we are not afraid of police oppression or state oppression. We are here, we use our strength to protest, but we always protest peacefully without weapons. Our bodies are our only weapon.”
More about: Activism, Europe, FEMEN, Protest, Ukraine
Copyright © 2013 euronews