- Poland’s race against time for Euro 2012 12/12/2011 21:47 CET
- Euro 2012 preparations 07/12/2011 11:10 CET
- euronews’ journalists on Euro 2012 07/12/2011 11:20 CET
- EURO2012 draw 02/12/2011 21:59 CET
- Europe’s finest brace themselves for Euro2012 draw 01/12/2011 17:38 CET
As the paint dries on Ukraine’s football stadiums ahead of Euro 2012, the finishing touches are also being applied to the country’s border guards, but only the female ones..
Ukrainian authorities have decided the first faces visitors to the country see should be beautiful ones.
One of the young women getting ‘relooked’ at Kyiv’s main airport said: “We won’t be receiving this treatment on a daily basis, but I always try to make myself look decent. We’re the first to greet airline passengers and the last to say goodbye, so we have to look our best.”
Officials at Kyiv’s main airport arranged for a team of experts to give the passport inspectors a makeover masterclass.
Stylist Andrei Yudin said: “Even without any make-up they look astonishing. I just do it for the sake of touching a beautiful face one more time.”
It is not clear to what extent the guards’ male counterparts will be expected to keep up their appearances, or what the Ukrainian-based Femen feminist group makes of the idea.
More about: Football, Sport, UEFA Euro 2012, Ukraine
Copyright © 2012 euronews